Choosing the Right Printer for Your OfficeDigital Printers
What To Consider When Buying A Printer
If you’re shopping for an office printer, it’s important to consider more than just price in your criteria. Size, space, functionality, and even your industry can all factor into selecting the right type of printing solution as well as the features that will help you maximize productivity and minimize your costs . To help you choose the right printer for your office or organization, we’re looking at which printers may be best for a variety of scenarios.
Choosing a Printer Based on Office Space
Before you start shopping for your printer, consider the size and space of your office. Is there a lot of floor space available or an unused room or area that is convenient where you could put a large printer? Large production printers or even larger multi-function printers offer high-speed output and excellent features, but if there isn’t a feasible location for it, it can make your office look cramped and even create a safety hazard.
If your office is small, consider a multifunction desktop printer for your organization. If your printing volume is high, multiple printers at different workstations in your office may be better to handle the volume while saving valuable space.
Choose the Right Printer for Your Industry
Specific industries require unique printing needs. For example, construction companies, engineers, and architecture firms require blueprints and large schematics that can only be produced by a wide-format printer. Wide-format printers offer high resolution output in both color or black and white on a variety of substrates. When you frequently need prints at least 24 inches wide and above, this may be the right option for your organization.
On the other hand, law firms, healthcare companies, and even marketing companies may find a production printer more functional. A production printer offers high-speed, high-resolution output that can print thousands of pages quickly and often include finishing solutions, such as folding, creasing, and booklet binding. These tend to offer the most versatility, making it possible to print in-house marketing materials, such as fliers, booklets, and posters, as well as keep up with the high volume of an enterprise-level organization.
What Kind of Equipment Do You Need?
Do you need to scan documents into your digital files? Do you often have to fax paperwork to another office or to a client? Are you considering a scanner and a printer for your organization? If you’re answering “yes” to any of these questions, you may want to consider a multifunction printer. A multifunction printer can be used as an all-in-one solution for scanning, making copies, printing, and faxing. They are not only versatile, they are available in a wide range of sizes, price-points, and can be simple to incredibly modern and advanced.
Consider Your Daily Operations
- Finally, once you know the type of printer you’ll need, you’ll want to narrow down the features and specifications it offers.
- Quality: Are you printing mainly text used for in-office needs or will you be printing marketing materials and client-facing documents? This will determine the resolution and quality of the output you’ll need.
- Speed: Printers range from 20 pages per minute to well over 100 pages per minute. Depending on your printing volume and the amount of people relying on the printer, you may need to choose a higher-speed option to avoid traffic jams.
- Workflow: Saving documents, mobile printing, document management, and intuitive, tablet-style interfaces can all improve how your business performs by saving you time and improving efficiency.
- Color: Do you need to print graphics, logos, and images, or can you rely on black and white printing only?
Contact CEI for the Right Printing Solutions for Your Business
With so many features and functions available in a printer, it’s easy to lose track of what you really need. At CEI, we offer a wide variety of copiers and printers and will help you choose the best option to suit your needs as well as the right lease or purchase arrangement to suit your budget. Call us today at 919-781-8885 or fill out the form below to connect with an experienced member of our team and get started.